The MBAW Art Gallery invites you to the opening reception of a dual exhibition with works by San Antonio artists Tim Beard and Conan Chadbourne, Recent Works and Organic Continuity. The exhibition will run from Saturday 23 October – 30 December 2021 and is open by appointment Monday – Thursday, 10am-4pm. Contact Diana Roberts to schedule an appointment.
Tim Beard’s classically abstract paintings attest to the enduring value of observation, intuition and the physical act of painting to express the inner workings of an active mind. Conan Chadbourne’s intricate, layered, drawing-based images explore the intersection of mathematics and the organic world, science and mysticism, ancient and modern.
Ticketing, Parking, and Safety Information
– Tickets are not required for entry.
– Parking is free.
– Food, drink, and music will be outdoors.
– Masks are strongly encouraged while inside the gallery. To allow social distancing, MBAW reserves the right to limit the number of attendees inside the gallery at a time. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available. Per CDC guidance, we request that unvaccinated individuals wear masks at all times.
– For any other questions, please refer to the FAQ below.
– What are the current health protocols I need to follow?
For the safety of patrons and staff, masks are strongly encouraged while inside the gallery. Extra Masks and hand sanitizer will be available. Per CDC guidance, we request that unvaccinated individuals wear masks at all times. To allow social distancing, MBAW reserves the right to limit the number of attendees inside the gallery at a time. Food, drink, and music will be outdoors until further notice.
– How do I get to the MBAW Art Gallery? Where do I park?
The Art Gallery at Musical Bridges Around the World is located at: 23705 Frontage Road, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78257. Parking is free in the office parking areas and up the hill. Tip: If you are coming from the south and heading north, you will need take Exit 551 and do a turnaround under the I-10 freeway. Once on the access road heading south, the turn is directly after Sun Auto Services (and Las Palapas preceding that).
– Can I take picture(s) or video(s)?
No flash photography.