Musical Bridges Around the World founder Anya Grokhovski says when she moved to the US from the USSR in the ‘90s, she never imagined she would reach 25 years of leading a performing arts organization in South Texas. Her energy and enthusiasm have built a model program “celebrating our share humanity by providing access to global arts for all” through an acclaimed, free concert series, an international music festival, visual art exhibitions, senior concerts, and award-winning educational programing.
In this Silver Jubilee year, Musical Bridges is happy to announce its 2022-2023 season of Russell Hill Rogers Musical Evenings at San Fernando Cathedral traversing Europe, from Italy, Slovakia, Austria, and Germany to Russia. All performances are free and open to the public, ticket registration is required. Register here, at mbaw.org/sfc, or on Eventbrite for all concerts now! Location, parking, raffle, and more info below.
IT AIN’T NECESSARILY SO!
Sunday 25 September 2022, 7PM
A renowned violinist and pianist/actor combine virtuosic performances, theatrical humor, and pop culture as the Italian-based group Duo Baldo. Prepare for a show that captivates and surprises!
THE BIG B’s
Sunday 30 October 2022, 7PM
Photo Credit: Anne Hornemann
JOY TO THE WORLD
Sunday 4 December 2022, 7PM
One of the most successful vocal groups in Germany, the Calmus Ensemble are a perfect blend of sound, precision lightness, and wit. This program will present Christmas music spanning the 11th century forward and globally from France to Sweden, to Ukraine, Puerto Rico, the US and Great Britain.
Photo Credit: Robert Michaelson
FROM ITALY WITH LOVE!
Sunday 26 March 2023, 7PM
Italian concert pianist and Gurwitz 2020 Bronze medalist and Audience Favorite Leonardo Colafelice returns with a stellar new virtuoso program of Franz Liszt compositions inspired by Italian opera masterpieces of Rossini, Bellini and Verdi.
Sunday 7 May 2023, 7PM
Cellist Boris Andrianov and classical guitarist Dimitri Illarionov combine classical music and folk tunes in a musical expedition all over the world, inspired by innumerable and stimulating intercultural encounters and the desire to share the world’s vibrant diversity.
Location & Parking Information
- City Tower Garage (117 W Commerce St) ~ 1 min walk [351 ft]
- Houston Street Garage (111 College St) ~ 7 min walk [0.3 mile]
- Bexar County Parking Garage (300 Dolorosa) ~ 5 min walk [0.2 mile]
- Market Square Lot (612 W Commerce St) ~ 10 min walk [0.5 mile]
Arrival & Check-In Information
- We recommend you arrive at the Cathedral before the performance, which starts at 7PM sharp. Because the church’s Mass service ends at 6PM, it is recommended you arrive no earlier than 6:15/30PM, so as to give our staff and volunteers enough time to set up check-in tables once the majority of Mass attendees have exited the Cathedral.
- The cathedral has two (2) main entrances at the front (east) side and one (1) handicapped-accessible entrance on the left (south) side for you to check-in at.